This site contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read more about our Affiliate Links and Disclosure Statements in the Resources section.
Instagram as Part of Your Social Media Funnel Strategy
Instagram is a great way to reach a lot of people and let them know about your business and what you offer. Your potential audience via Instagram is enormous. With proper hashtag strategy and eye-catching content, you can effectively use Instagram to funnel people to where you want to them to go next.
Instagram = One Link
Instagram provides only ONE opportunity for a live link – in the profile copy, just under your username. That’s fine if your overall social media presence is very simple and linear, and you’re always pointing people to the same Next Point of Contact. But what if your social media presence is more like a spider’s web? And you might point people to one of several Next Points of Contact, depending on what today’s post is about?
You Need Linktree
Well, there’s a fix for that 🙂 Linktree is a free app service that will allow you to customize your one allowed link in your Instagram profile. Customize it to provide several links for your audience to click on. I’ve been using it for several weeks now, and I didn’t realize how much it was stressing me out that I only had one link! Now I can write about whichever part of my business and life I want to, and people can easily find me. Whew!
Here’s How You Do It
Super easy, folks! Here are step-by-step instructions to set up your own Linktree :
- Go to www.linktr.ee and sign in with your Instagram account.
- Click on Add New Button / Link
- Create an attention-grabbing title, and type in the URL.
- Add as many buttons/links as you wish. Edit, rearrange and delete them any time.
- Copy the Bio Link (upper right hand corner) and put that in your Instagram profile. Done!
Additional Ways to Use Your Linktree
So that was super amazing, right? Well, buckle up Buttercup, there’s more! Your Linktree can be used in several places within your social media “spider web” 🙂 Here are a couple of ideas:
- Have a domain you’re just using as a redirect? Use your Linktree Bio Link to give your visitors several options!
- Post a screenshot of it in your Instagram Feed to draw attention to the fact that you are providing several links now!
- Post it in your Facebook fan page or VIP group to educate your followers (thereby increasing your genius factor!) and gain new followers.
- Write a how-to blog post about Linktree, and pin it to your Pinterest boards. You’ll be the expert on the issue for many readers, and will up your funnel strategy game immensely!
- Drop your Linktree Bio Link in online conversations when someone asks for your link – give them options!
- Put it on your business cards and other business literature.
- Hop in to your Linktree account and make a new button to advertise your next class, party or this month’s product special. Keep it on top of the list, and just remember to come back and edit later!
So many ways Linktree can help you grow your business!
Want More Training on Social Media Funnel Strategy?
The Sassy Suite is where I get all my training and information on maximizing my social media presence, and using social media for my business. Brenda Ster makes everything so easy to understand, and all of her advice is based on using attraction-based marketing to create and maintain genuine relationships. No spam, no begging, no pressure.
Come check out all of the self-paced video courses available: Sassy Suite (affiliate link).