This site contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read more about our Affiliate Links and Disclosure Statements in the Resources section.
During Convention in September, doTERRA announced several new essential oils. One of those was Copaiba. doTERRA’s Copaiba oil is distilled from the resin of four varieties of the copaiba tree in tropical South America. This makes doTERRA’s Copaiba Essential Oil unique, sustainable, and extremely effective.
How Does Copaiba Work in the Body?
Copaiba works on the endocannibinoid system of the brain. Its primary constituent, beta-caryophyllene, acts on the CB2 receptor, which helps to reduce anxious feelings, reduce neuronal excitability, and support nervous and immune function. According to doTERRA.com, “While beta-caryophyllene is primarily known for its presence in the essential oils extracted from Black Pepper, Clove, Melissa, and Rosemary, the best source is actually the lesser-known oil Copaiba.”
And “There have been over 70 peer-reviewed studies published in scientific journals in the last few years evaluating the benefits of Copaiba, several of which focus on its CB2-binding properties and the associated health benefits.”
Read more about Copaiba and beta-caryophyllene here.
Benefits of Copaiba Essential Oil
Copaiba Essential Oil has properties that create benefits for:
- skin health
- neurological function
- anxious feelings
- cardiovascular health
- immune system
- digestive system
- nervous system
- respiratory system
How to Use Copaiba Essential Oil
- Via a diffuser or straight from the bottle, breathe in the aroma occasionally throughout the day to keep emotions soothed and neurological activity calm.
- Combine with citrus oils (Wild Orange, Lemon, Tangerine, Red Mandarin) to elevate the mood.
- Combine with a floral essential oil or Siberian fir to promote relaxation.
- Dilute with fractionated coconut oil, then apply directly over affected area.
- Add a drop or two to your daily skin moisturizer, along with Cedarwood.
- Combine with Blue Tansy to soothe irritated skin and help minimize blemishes.
- Two drops can be taken in a capsule, morning and evening
- Blend with Frankincense for increased cellular support
- Mix with citrus in your water
- Take one or two drops directly under the tongue, each morning
- Blend with Peppermint to support healthy digestion
Using doTERRA Essential Oils Internally
Not all essential oils are created equal, and not all are safe for ingesting. Copaiba is an oil that can be used internally, within safety parameters. Please read here for more information.
Also, please do not ingest any essential oils you are not 100% sure of, with regards to quality and purity. There are no labeling requirements for essential oils, which means the cheaper the price, the more fillers and synthetics may be in the bottle, and the lower the quality of the oil. And none of that is required to be on the label.
How to Purchase doTERRA’s New Copaiba Essential Oil
Ready to try Copaiba Essential Oil? All of doTERRA’s new essential oils, are now available for purchase. Head over to my website to make your purchase. But before you do, consider reading a little about enrolling with a Wholesale Membership – why pay retail if you don’t have to?
Connect With Me!
I’m Crazy Quilt Mama everywhere online – Read why. I’d love to connect with you – choose your favorite platform!