This site contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read more about our Affiliate Links and Disclosure Statements in the Resources section.
doTERRA’s Blue Tansy Essential Oil is sourced from the Moroccan Tansy flower, leaf and stem, an annual yellow-flowered Mediterranean plant found in northern Morocco. The essential oil is steam distilled and has a fruity, mellow, balsamic aroma.
(Don’t confuse it with Moroccan Chamomile – that’s a completely different plant!)
- Diffuse to uplift mood and create a positive atmosphere.
- Add a drop to one or two ounces of your favorite moisturizer or cleanser and apply topically to help reduce the appearance of blemishes or soothe skin irritation.
- Include one or two drops in lotion for a restoring massage after a stressful day or extreme workout.
Although this is not an oil that you can take internally, you can use Blue Tansy in a variety of ways both topically and aromatically.
Ideas for Topical Use
Blue Tansy is a wonderful oil to use topically, for soothing overworked muscles, achy feelings and skin irritations.
Here are some great ideas:
- Add a few drops with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a soothing massage.
- Add one to two drops to your favorite skin cleanser to help promote clean and clear-looking skin (test on small patch of skin first).
- Add it into your moisturizer to soothe your skin.
- Combine with Lavender and Fractionated Coconut Oil for a soothing massage after a long day. Other oils you can combine it with include Wintergreen, Cypress, or even AromaTouch®.
- Add six drops to your bath with one tablespoon Fractionated Coconut Oil and one cup Epsom salt for a calming and relaxing atmosphere. Alternately, add Blue Tansy to these bath bombs.
Yes, it Will Turn You into a Smurf
Blue Tansy essential oil IS blue, and DOES turn your skin blue when applied topically – but don’t worry, it’s temporary!
- Use topically where you don’t care about temporary blue-ness, like your big toe.
- Use in very small amounts, like diluted in your face moisturizer, a few drops of fractionated coconut oil or your favorite carrier oil.
- Use just before bedtime, so the blue effect has time to wear off.
- Start a trend. Have you seen the blue-toe trend this summer? Do a quick search for #bluetansychallenge and see just how cool a blue toe can be 😉
DIY Roller Bottles (10mL roller bottles; top off with Fractionated Coconut Oil)
Respiratory & Inflammation
- 5 drops Blue Tansy
- 10 drops Siberian Fir
- 5 drops Lime
- 4 drops Cypress
- 3 drops Blue Tansy
- 1 drops Roman Chamomiles
- 1 drops Helichrysm
Ideas for Aromatic Use & Diffuser Blends
Blue Tansy is great to diffuse to help create an uplifting mood.
- Find your favorite blend to diffuse. Blends well with Clary Sage, Coriander, Geranium, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Petitgrain, Rose, Spearmint, and Ylang Ylang.
- Inhale deeply for an uplifting sensation.
How to Buy doTERRA Essential Oils
The best way to buy doTERRA oils is with your own doTERRA account. In fact, buying a few oils every month with your Loyalty Rewards order is even better – you’ll be earning points toward future freebies! And you can qualify for the free Product of the Month – another freebie!
Crazy Quilt Mama Online
I’m Crazy Quilt Mama everywhere online – Read why. I’d love to connect with you – choose your favorite platform!
Drop me a line and say hi!
I’d love to help you find the answers to any essential oil questions you have!