This site contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read more about our Affiliate Links and Disclosure Statements in the Resources section.
Diffuser Blends for Online School at Home
Are you one of the many, many families trying to navigate your school’s temporary online school options? Me too. Have you been thinking about homeschooling anyway, and now your kids are thriving? Or are you frazzled and worried, and your kids are struggling? Either way, your family will benefit from these diffuser blend ideas.
Below are several suggestions that may help everyone in the room (I’m looking at you, Mom! I’m right there with you!)
Quick rundown on diffuser basics. You can use any diffuser that does not heat up the oils – but I highly recommend doTERRA diffusers. I have used other brands, and they have not lasted. My doTERRA diffusers are workhorses.
- Most diffusers will call for 8-12 drops of essential oils (combination of whichever ones you like), but check the manufacturer’s suggestions to be sure.
- Fill with tap water only to the Fill Line.
- Most diffusers have timer settings (5 hours, 10 hours, etc), and/or will shut off automatically when empty.
- When empty (or when you want to change the oils being diffused), wipe out with a paper towel.
- Thoroughly clean your diffuser every so often. Cleaning Diffusers
Diffuser Blends for Focus, Concentration & Memory
Too many distractions at home? Hard to focus when you’re staring at a screen for too long? Can’t remember yesterday’s lesson? Online school is harder than you’d think! Here are some ideas to get your kiddos attention back:
- Wild Orange & Peppermint
- Rosemary & Lemon & Peppermint
- Tangerine & Spearmint
- InTune Focus Blend (this is a prediluted roller but could be used in the diffuser)
- Vetiver & Eucalyptus & Lavender
- Basil & Grapefruit & Lavender & Rosemary
- Breathe Respiratory Blend & Wild Orange
Diffuser Blends for Stress & Worry
Moms aren’t the only ones who worry! Kids feel stress too, and sometimes show it in funny ways. If you’re seeing more nail biting, whining, irritability or wrinkled brows, try one of these blend ideas. Online school won’t be forever, and we’re all doing our best!
- Serenity & Balance
- Lemon & Cedarwood
- Frankincense & Wild Orange
- Adaptiv Calming Blend & Wild Orange
- Lavender & Lime & Spearmint
- Bergamot & Cedarwood
- Cypress & Bergamot & Patchouli
Diffuser Blends for Motivation
If you’re anything like me, you need a big ol’ dose of motivation every morning! (Let’s be honest, that was true before online school, lol!) These will help:
- Motivate Encouraging Blend
- Peppermint & Serenity & Motivate
- Grapefruit & Lime & Douglas Fir
- Wild Orange & Cinnamon & Rosemary
Diffuser Blends for Self Esteem & Confidence
An unexpected consequence of online school – plenty of kids (and moms too!) are struggling with self esteem. Everything’s new, everything’s hard, and frankly, opportunities for attaboys and attagirls are trickier to squeeze in when only one person can talk at a time on Zoom. Citrus oils are uplifting, and Bergamot is the Oil of Self Acceptance. Your online school experience can be vastly different with these diffuser blend ideas!
- Bergamot (the Oils of Self Worth)
- Sandalwood & Ylang Ylang & Bergamot & Vetiver
- Lime & Lemongrass & Wild Orange
- Cassia & Lime & Cedarwood
- Lemon & Bergamot & Douglas Fir
- Elevation Joyful Blend
Diffuser Blends for Good Sleep
Ain’t nobody having a good day without a good night’s sleep! It matters more than we think. If your kiddos (or you) are struggling with sleep issues, put one of these diffuser blend ideas in your child’s room at bedtime and see how it helps. Here’s to a better day in online school tomorrow!
- Serenity & Cedarwood
- Adaptiv Calming Blend
- Balance & Wild Orange
- Lavender & Wild Orange & Frankincense
- Vetiver & Serenity
- Lavender & Sandalwood & Clary Sage
Diffuser Blends for Stopping the Meltdowns
Sometimes it’s more than just a little stress or anxious feelings. It’s a full-on meltdown. Papers are flying, children are wailing, tears are flowing, and Mama’s a hot mess trying to keep it all together. If that’s what you’re facing, quick try one of these blends.
(If you can’t get oils into the diffuser fast enough, put a drop or two in your hands, rub them together and then on the hands/arms/back/feet of the child who can’t regain control. Or have them smell the oil directly from the bottle.
Even just ONE of these oils will help. You’ll see a difference very soon, and you can worry about getting back to online school once everybody’s ready.
- Balance & Peace & Wild Orange
- Balance & Serenity (
- Read about our experience heading off a major meltdown here: Serenity & Balance: a Powerhouse Duo for Stress)
- Lavender & Wild Orange & Cedarwood & Ylang Ylang
- Bergamot & Frankincense & Vetiver & Copaiba
- Spikenard/Lavender & Balance & Citrus Bliss
How to Buy doTERRA Essential Oils
- Buy Wholesale – The best way to buy doTERRA oils is always with your own doTERRA wholesale account. 25% discount on everything you buy, all year. Place an order whenever you want, choose your own shipping option, and control when your orders ship. Start here: www.mydoterra.com/kristibleonard
- Loyalty Rewards Program – In fact, buying a few oils every month with your Loyalty Rewards order is even better – you’ll be earning points toward future freebies! And you can qualify for the free Product of the Month – another freebie!
- Monthly Sales and Buy One Get One Free – Every month, doTERRA offers a discount on the price of one item, either an oil, or a personal care supplement or product. These sales are good all month. And Buy One Get One Free sales need no explanation – free oils are ALWAYS a great idea! 🙂
Have questions? Contact Me – I’d love to help you get the best oils at the best price, and learn how to use them!
Crazy Quilt Mama Online
I’m Crazy Quilt Mama everywhere online – Read why. I’d love to connect with you – choose your favorite platform!